Shamar Rinpoche’s Kudung in Delhi: commemoration ceremonies at KIBI
In the early morning of 22nd June, Shamar Rinpoche’s Kudung arrived in India from Germany. There was then the traditional procession and welcome ritual at the main shrine of K.I.B.I.
The next morning the pujas and ceremonies started. These were guided by His Holiness Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje, His Emience Beru Khyentse Rinpoche, His Eminence Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche, Sherab Gyaltsen Rinpche, Shangpa Rinpoche, along with other rinpoches, lamas and lay sangha. Every day devotees prayed and paid their respects to the Kudung of 14th Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche. In the morning of 1st July the Kudung was transported to Kalimpong for further ceremonies.
Galleries: Arrival to New Delhi:
- 22.06.2014, New Delhi: First day of the rituals commemorating Shamar Rinpoche led by Gyalwa Karmapa at KIBI
- 23.06.2014, New Delhi: Second day of Pujas commemorating Kunzing Shamar Rinpoche at KIBI
- 24.06.2014, New Delhi: Third day of extensive pujas at Karmapa International Buddhist Institute
- 25.06.2014, New Delhi: Fourth day o extenteded rituals and offerings at KIBI in front of the Kudung of Shamar Rinpoche
- 26.06.2014, New Delhi: Mipham Rinpoche with wife Mayum pay respect to the Kudung of Shamar Rinpoche and join puja at KIBI
- 30.06.2014, New Delhi: Final puja at KIBI in front of Kudung of Shamar Rinpoche
Departure from Delhi to Kalimpong:
Views and impressions from KIBI:
- Portraits of His Holiness Karmapa, Rinpoches, Lamas and lay devotees during commemorration ceremonies of Shamar Rinpoche
- Views and Impressions from KIBI during commemoration ceremonies with the Kudung of Shamar Rinpoche
- Exhibition of Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche’s Lifestory at KIBI
- Preparation at KIBI, New Delhi before arrivial of Gyalwa Karmapa with the Kudung of Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche